Sweet Potato Fries with Vanilla Bean Salt
- To make vanilla salt; place 1 Heilala Vanilla Bean in a jar of sea salt to infuse.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Trim the sweet potatoes in the shape of a rectangle. Cut into 1.5cm slices and then cut into long chips.
- Toss with the oil and season with vanilla salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Place in a shallow roasting dish in a single layer. Roast for 25-30 minutes until crisp but tender.
- Grind Heilala Vanilla Sugar in mortar and pestle (or use the end of a rolling pin) and sprinkle over the chips.
- Serve with roasted garlic aioli or jalapeno mayonnaise.