Cheesecake with Poached Berries
- Line the base of a 22cm springform cake tin with baking paper and lightly grease the sides.
- To make the cheesecake, place the biscuits and almonds in a food processor and process until crumbs form. Transfer to a bowl, add the melted butter and mix well. Press the mixture into the base of the tin. Chill while preparing the filling.
- To prepare the filling, place the water in a small bowl and sprinkle over the gelatin. Place the bowl over a pan of boiling water and stir until the gelatin is dissolved. Allow to cool slightly
- Beat together the cream cheese, caster sugar and vanilla bean seeds or vanilla paste until smooth, then beat in the lemon juice and cream. Stir in the gelatin mixture.
- Spoon the mixture over the crumb base. Cover and refrigerate for 4-5 hours, or until it is set.
- Meanwhile, to prepare the poached berries, combine the caster sugar, water and vanilla bean and seeds in a pan. Cook over a low-medium heat for 3-4 minutes, or until the syrup thickens slightly.
- Remove the pan from the heat and set it aside for 5 minutes to cool slightly. Stir in the berries. Transfer the berries and syrup to a bowl, cover and refrigerate.
- To serve, slice the cheesecake into wedges and serve with the poached berries.