Heilala Vanilla Bean Meringue Kisses
Makes 80 mini meringues
- 4 egg whites
- 1/8 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon Heilala Vanilla Bean Paste
- Preheat oven to 100°C.
- In a clean medium sized bowl, whisk egg whites until frothy, then add cream of tartar. Continue to whisk for approximately 1 minute until soft peaks form.
- Slowly add sugar, beating well after each addition.
- Beat until sugar is fully dissolved and mixture is glossy and forms firm peaks. Add in Heilala Vanilla Bean Paste.
- Transfer mixture into a large piping bag and pipe onto a lined baking sheet.
- For chewy meringues, bake for approximately 35-45 minutes or until the meringue kisses peel cleanly off the baking paper. For a dry crispy meringue, bake for up to 2 hours. Turn off oven and allow kisses to cool.
- Store in an airtight container for up to two weeks.