Sweet Sweet Potato ChipsServes:4-6 Prep time: Cook time: Total time:
- 4 red kumara (sweet potato), lightly peeled
- ¼ cup Heilala Virgin Coconut Oil
- Heilala Vanilla Bean salt (recipe below)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup Heilala Vanilla Sugar
To make vanilla salt; place 1 Heilala Vanilla Bean in a jar of sea salt to infuse.
Preheat the oven to 200⁰C.
Trim the kumara in the shape of a rectangle. Cut into 1cm slices and then cut into long chips. Toss with the olive oil and season with vanilla salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Place in a shallow roasting dish in a single layer. Roast for 25-30 minutes until crisp but tender.
Grind Heilala Vanilla Sugar in mortar and pestle (or use the end of a rolling pin) and sprinkle over the chips. Serve with roasted garlic aioli or jalapeno mayonnaise.