- 1 ⅓ cups flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- Pinch flaky salt
- 2 tsp caster sugar
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 ¾ cups full cream milk
- 1 tsp Heilala Vanilla Extract or Heilala Vanilla Paste
- ½ cup melted Heilala Coconut Oil
- For serving – fresh fruit, raspberry,puree, vanilla yoghurt and Heilala Vanilla Syrup
- Preheat the waffle iron.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt into a mixing bowl. Stir in the caster sugar.
- Make a well in the centre and place in egg yolks, milk and Heilala Vanilla Extract and
- whisk until you have a smooth batter. Fold through melted Heilala Coconut Oil.
- In a clean bowl, whisk the egg whites until stiff and fold through the batter. (Fold 1 tablespoon of egg white through first to soften the mixture, then fold through the rest). Let batter rest for 5 minutes.
- Pour ½ cup batter onto the centre of the lower grid of your waffle iron and close the lid.
- When waffle is ready (use your instruction booklet here for cooking instructions), open the lid and carefully remove waffle. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve waffles immediately for best results, with fresh fruit, a little raspberry puree or fruit sauce of your choice, yoghurt, a good drizzle of Heilala Vanilla Syrup and a sprinkle of Heilala Vanilla Sugar.